FLORIN, Calif. (AP) - Authorities have arrested three suspects in the shooting death of a 3-year-old Sacramento County boy.
Sheriff's officials say 20-year-old Gabriel Quintero and two other suspects, ages 16 and 17, turned themselves in on Tuesday evening. They were booked on suspicion of murder.
Jorge Azios was shot and killed on July 4 while riding with his father in a vehicle in south Sacramento. Sheriff's spokesman Jason Ramos says investigators believe Quintero and the two juveniles confronted Azios's father and fired multiple gunshots from another vehicle.
Ramos declined to discuss a motive although detectives have previously said the shooting may have been gang related.