Good day kids, we have made it past the halfway point in April. Taxes are paid, or extended, Spring break is over and the weekend is supposed to be great — warm weather.
Well, I continue our journey of brunch season with my all-time favorite brunch recipe. And with Cinco De Mayo and Mother’s Day just ahead, you will want to try this out.
Green Chili Frittata
- 3 cups yellow corn chips (about 40) coarsely crushed
- 1 ½ cups salsa verde (green salsa)
- ½ lime
- 12 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby and jack cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons snipped, fresh cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large poblano seeded and diced. (can use green bell pepper)
- 2 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl combine crushed chips, salsa and lime juice from half of lime. Mix well and set aside
- In large bowl combine eggs, milk, ½ cup of cheese and cilantro, whisk until well blended. Add tortilla chip mixture and mix well.
- Heat an oven-proof 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot. Spray skillet with non-stick spray. Add onions, peppers and garlic to pan. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes. Add chicken, stir well. Pour egg mixture carefully over ingredients in skillet (do not stir). Place in oven: Bake 22-25 minutes or until the egg mixture is set in the center. Remove from oven.
- Arrange the tomato slices in a circular pattern on top of frittata. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with additional cilantro and serve.