10K Top 5 finishers
- 1-Paige Springhorn 36, Sacramento, 52:19
- 2-Katie Abbott 40, Sacramento, 55:44
- 3-Ulrike Savage 42, Sacramento, 57:33
- 4-Heather Gleser 39, Modesto, 57:54
- 5-Mo Bartley 63, Auburn, 57:55
25K Top 5 Finishers
- 1-Kelly Booth 33, Rocklin, 2:16:27
- 2-Genevieve Clavier 54, Sacramento, 2:18:41
- 3-Amber Todd 40, El Dorado Hills, 2:24:32
- 4-Kenzie Macphail 24, Lawai HI, 2:31:09
- 5-Briana Telford 27, Rocklin, 2:38:41
Over 200 women showed up for a trail run just for girls last Saturday morning at the Auburn Dam Overlook Park. But don’t think for a minute that this was some sissy course made easy for girls. The She Rocks the Trails course consisted of two distances, one a 10K (six miles) course and a 25K (15.5 miles) course over some of the steepest, rockiest and dusty trails Auburn has to offer.
In its seventh year the She Rocks the Trails run is very popular with area women runners. One hundred thirty-seven women finished the 10K course and 76 women finished the longer 25K course. The course was an out, around and back into the American River canyon both runs beginning and ending at the Auburn Dam Overlook Park.
“This race grows each year, I think seven years ago when we started we had maybe 100 runners, this year we are have over 200,” said race director Julie Fingar.
Both distances began at 7 a.m. and finished at various times throughout the morning. Paige Springhorn of Sacramento was first in the 10K distance with a time of 52:19. Kelly Booth of Rocklin finished the 25K first with a time of 2:16:27. Saturday, it was all about girls as these women tested their skills over a very tough course most smiling the whole way. Well done ladies.