I would like to publicly thank 911 and the CalFire crew for coming to my aid when our wood heater in our home developed a problem with the damper and I could not control the fire going up the chimney on Friday, Feb. 1.
My family had gone to a birthday party for my great-granddaughter’s fifth birthday and was in a zone where there was no cell phone service for me to reach them.
Fortunately, Ian and Chris and their crew got it all under control for me and checked out the walls and ceiling. The only one shook up was me.
God bless our fire departments.
FRANCES HARE, Weimar