comments

War not to be taken lightly

Reader Input
-A +A
This crop of GOP candidates is scary. I wouldn’t want any of them in charge of nuclear weapons. We have a volunteer military who make up only 1 percent of the population. The other 99 percent have not much skin in the game. These candidates act like using our military is akin to a video war game. We live in a dangerous world where skill and diplomacy have a key role. Thank God our country has the smartest man in the room with our current president. No new wars on his agenda, only collaboration with NATO and our allies. Everyone is at-risk in a nuclear world. Let’s not elect cartoon characters. Shame on CBS News for cutting off the last half hour of the debate for “Entertainment Tonight.” CAROL WALLGREN, Auburn