Gold Age Villa

Experts give advice for finding best elder care home

  As part of her job at a small elder care facility in Auburn, Pepsi Pittman said she develops relationships with the families of prospective clients, working to gain their t ...

Regulators ban Loomis caretaker who served deadly mushroom dish

  The caretaker who served gravy containing poisonous mushrooms that resulted in four deaths of residents at a Loomis elder care facility has been banned for life from all ca ...

Loomis mushroom soup death toll reaches four

  A fourth person has died after eating poisonous wild mushroom soup at an elder care home in Loomis, said Dena Erwin, Placer County Sheriff’s Office public information ...

90-year-old man ID’d as third fatality in Loomis mushroom poisoning

  The third person who died after eating poisonous wild mushroom soup at an elder care home in Loomis has been identified as Frank Warren Blodgett, according to the Placer Co ...

Third person dies in Loomis mushroom poisoning case

A third death has been reported in the case of the recent mushroom poisonings at an elder care home in Loomis. Gold Age Villa reported to the California Department of Social Servi ...

Deadly California mushrooms came from backyard

FRESNO (AP) — The lush backyard of a small California eldercare home has turned out to be the source of the poisonous wild mushrooms a caretaker made into a soup and fed to r ...

Loomis poisonings raise question of elder care facilities' meal oversight

  As an investigation continues into the group poisoning at a Loomis elderly care facility that killed two and hospitalized four others, questions have boiled to the surface ...

Deaths of 2 in elder home renew mushroom warnings

  LOOMIS — It’s a story that plays out often in California once the fall rainy season starts and mushrooms sprout: someone unintentionally picks and eats a poi ...

Two dead, four sick after eating wild mushrooms at Loomis elder care home

 (AP) — Two residents of a Loomis assisted living facility have died and four others are hospitalized after eating soup with wild mushrooms, authorities said. Plac ...