poison mushrooms

Loomis mushroom soup death toll reaches four

  A fourth person has died after eating poisonous wild mushroom soup at an elder care home in Loomis, said Dena Erwin, Placer County Sheriff’s Office public information ...

90-year-old man ID’d as third fatality in Loomis mushroom poisoning

  The third person who died after eating poisonous wild mushroom soup at an elder care home in Loomis has been identified as Frank Warren Blodgett, according to the Placer Co ...

Deadly California mushrooms came from backyard

FRESNO (AP) — The lush backyard of a small California eldercare home has turned out to be the source of the poisonous wild mushrooms a caretaker made into a soup and fed to r ...