poisonous mushrooms

Regulators ban Loomis caretaker who served deadly mushroom dish

  The caretaker who served gravy containing poisonous mushrooms that resulted in four deaths of residents at a Loomis elder care facility has been banned for life from all ca ...

Mushroom hunting, a cautionary trade, has Auburn area roots

  When three people died after eating soup made with toxic wild mushrooms earlier this month in Loomis, it provided a grim reminder of the dangers that come along with foragi ...

Noon Hour Update: Two die in Pilot Hill; Thanksgiving traffic enforcement and hunting for wild mushrooms

  Welcome to the Auburn Journal’s “Noon Hour Update,” where we’ll present you with stories and updates on what’s going on in the news and what w ...

Noon Hour Update: Safe mushroom hunting; road construction update and Placer High School football

  Welcome to the Auburn Journal’s “Noon Hour Update,” where we’ll present you with stories and updates on what’s going on in the news and what w ...

Loomis poisonings raise question of elder care facilities' meal oversight

  As an investigation continues into the group poisoning at a Loomis elderly care facility that killed two and hospitalized four others, questions have boiled to the surface ...

Gourmet tastes may have done dog in

Gayle Moore’s beloved pet, Pidge, loved to eat dirt. Sadly, the Jack Russell terrier’s foraging ways resulted in her death last month. Moore believes the 13-year-old terrier ma ...