rain

Rain creates heightened Auburn crash conditions

Rain is back in the Auburn forecast, creating slick roads and challenges for drivers on winding, narrow stretches of blacktop. While the rain was far from heavy during the day in ...

Wet weather ahead

  Storm clouds are forecasted to brew over the next few days with a 30 percent chance of rain Wednesday afternoon and moving to a 70 percent chance Wednesday night and tap ...

Candy hunters - pack your umbrellas

Like a ghoul springing out from under your bed, stormy winter weather is rearing its ugly – but much needed – head on the spookiest night of the year. While all the li ...

King Fire grows, so does containment

Despite rains in the high country Thursday, the King Fire continues to grow in size as crews wrestle for containment. At upward of 95,000 acres destroyed, the wild fire has taken ...

Auburn’s King Fire-caused smoke to be washed away?

Cool, cleansing rain was in the forecast for the parched Auburn-area foothills as portions of Placer County suffered through another smoke-filled morning Wednesday. The thick, acr ...

Storm systems may mean more ‘rain’

In the height of a drought, even the light sprinkles Auburn experienced Sunday night are enough to raise hopes for the coming months. According to National Weather Service meteoro ...

Rain fails to ease Placer’s drought pain

A light dusting of snow on some of the highest peaks in the Sierra on Tuesday may have provided a picture-perfect site for motorists passing over Donner Summit in the rain. But t ...

Rain on way, near-record temperatures departing Auburn, Placer

Rain is back in the forecast, providing more hope that drought conditions that have been parching the Auburn-area foothills and California will ease. According to AccuWeather.com, ...