Newcastle Fire came through

Reader Input
-A +A
My name is Ron Kester and I have lived in Newcastle, off of Uncle Joe’s Lane, for 40 years. Over those years I have come to appreciate and respect our local fire department, but never more than on Sunday, Feb. 19. At approximately 3 p.m. I experienced a medical emergency that required a call to 911. Within 10 minutes from the time the operator said she was sending someone, an engine from the Newcastle Fire Department was at our front door. Due to the department’s quick response and the immediate and efficient actions of the fire and ambulance crews, that emergency is now being positively resolved. Thank you, Newcastle Fire Department, and crew! RON KESTER, Newcastle